Dog love is unconditional and infinite – everyone who accompanies a four-legged friend knows it. As dog carers, we owe them the best of everything. However, we often wonder if we care about our pet well enough and whether he is happy … Here is a test that will check if your pooch has a truly happy life!
Check if your dog is happy!
Here are 8 questions that will help you find out how your pet feels. Prepare a pen and paper to save the points you received for the answers you selected. After summarizing them, check how happy your dog is. Good luck!
1. How often does your dog mess around in your home?
- never (5 points)
- this has not happened to him for several years (4 points)
- only when there is a storm or other difficult situation (3 points)
- at least once a month (2 points)
- practically every time (1 point)
2. Where does your dog usually sleep?
- in my bed (5 points)
- in my or other household’s bedroom (4 points)
- on the sofa or armchair in the living room (3 points)
- in the hall, away from the household (2 points)
- closed in the kitchen or in the yard (1 point)
3. Does your pooch look into your eyes?
- yes, there is no problem with it (5 points)
- it happens sometimes but it doesn’t last too long (4 points)
- only when trying to get food from me (3 points)
- when our eyes meet, the dog immediately looks away (2 points)
- no, he clearly avoids it (1 point)
4. How often do you take your dog on a long, relaxing walk?
- everyday – an hour (or longer) stroll in a quiet environment is a permanent part of the day! (5 points)
- at least three times a week (4 points)
- once a week I manage to save so much time (3 points)
- very rarely – I have more important things to worry about (2 points)
- not at all, a quick walk around the estate or running in the garden must be enough (1 point)
5. How many hours does your dog sleep per day?
- a lot – probably around 12-16 hours (5 points)
- sleeps all night, additionally takes a lot of naps during the day (4 points)
- a little more than at night (3 points)
- probably not much, he is always active (2 points)
- I don’t pay attention to it (1 point)
6. Does your dog get along well with other pets?
- yes, he has many dog friends with whom he gets on well (5 points)
- most will be happy to greet, but rather do not want to party (4 points)
- has two, three colleagues with whom he meets from time to time (3 points)
- he doesn’t like such company (2 points)
- absolutely not, he is aggressive towards other dogs (1 point)
7. How often is something wrong with your dog?
- never – we visit the vet only as a preventive measure (5 points)
- sometimes a broken claw or a scratch will happen (4 points)
- once a year the pooch catches an infection (3 points)
- the dog has a chronic illness but I do what I can to help him (2 points)
- I don’t know, as long as he looks healthy, I don’t care about him (1 point)
8. How often does your dog want to play with you?
- every time I suggest it to him – he is always ready for a bit of madness! (5 points)
- sometimes he has a mood for it and can be persuaded to pull with a jerk or fetch (4 points)
- all the time – he slowly brings me balls and squeaks when I don’t respond (3 points)
- rather, he doesn’t feel like it, he prefers to lie on the bed in peace (2 points)
- I don’t know, I don’t like to do it and I don’t encourage this dog (1 point)
Is your dog happy? Check the results!
Your pet is a real lucky guy! He is healthy, strong, trusts you truly, and you take care of all his needs. At first glance you can see that it is your eye in your mind. You can only envy him!
Everyone, however, can have a worse day. Still, you shouldn’t worry too much about it – after all, you give your dog everything you need to be happy! Keep up the good work and your pet will respond with a wonderful, wide smile!
- Which way to happiness?
This result indicates that your pooch is a bit lacking in luck. However, it looks like you are on the right track to make his life quite pleasant! Try to give your dog more attention, time and take care of his basic needs. It is not worth wasting the work you have done so far to provide him with good living conditions!
- The dog disappears in the midst of important matters …
Your involvement in the relationship with the pooch is not enough – you give him too little attention and time! Try to find during the day the moment when you devote yourself completely to your pet. Take the dog for a longer walk, take care of his health and allow him to have pleasant contact with other animals. It will definitely pay you back!
Your pooch doesn’t belong to happy animals … You hardly care about him! The quadruped clearly shows it to you through its behavior – destruction at home, frustration and distrust of you. This must change immediately, because for now you are treating your dog as a piece of furniture that does not match the decor of your apartment!